Friday, April 29, 2011

wedding tea party

Yes, I got up at 2am this morning to watch. Abi got up too and the two of us giggled and oooo and aaahhhed over everything. Watching a royal wedding with my little girl was ultimate bliss. I cried when the bride came down the aisle as I thought about the final days and THE wedding in Heaven. The church will be adorned in white. And here was this gorgeous bride this morning coming to meet her groom in royal colors with regal pagentry. So beautiful! They played "Jerusalem", my favorite hymn of all time and of course I cried again. All of England sang together, yet another image of things to come. Of course we had to celebrate, and what better than to have an English tea breakfast party: Bangers, sausages, lemon curd, strawberry shortcakes, some crackers and cheese, and Earl Grey tea.






Genn loved the printables where she could decorate the royal cake
and here is Abi making special hats for the occasion.
Here is the lemon curd recipe, it's the one I always use. Never fails. Unbelievably addicting.
the first stages of the lemon curd

and a yummy jar freshly made.

Hope your day is delightful and full of love.

1 comment:

Luma said...

Jules, that's so sweet. Erin and I watched it together also, a little later we woke up Morgan. I made scones and tea for us that morning. It was a sweet time together.

I'm so glad you took pictures, you're going to love all those memories.