Monday, September 9, 2013

Building up our Libraries:Meet Tasha Tudor


I'd like to start a blog series called: Building up our Library. This topic is very important to me. Yes, it is an investment, but you are investing in your children in an extremely important area of life. Library books are nice, in fact they help us figure out which books are worth purchasing and which are just plain rejects. But whether you find them at the Thrift Store, a special book store or used on Amazon; I can't stress enough the importance of building a quality book library for your children. Make it a lovely place they can go to again and again. We have a rocking chair nearby to enhance the experience!

 Today I would like to introduce you to one of my favorite author's of all time: Meet Tasha Tudor. Her books are not just sweet stories, but works of art and an encouragement for a simpler way of life. We could all use simple. My daughters adore her books, as did I when I was little. I have quite a collection going, not complete, but with each Christmas and birthday, I like to add to that.

(from A is for Annabelle)

(from "Amy's Goose")

(from "the 23rd Psalm")


(from "Five Senses")

(My favorite Tasha Tudor book "A time to Keep".)





(from "A Corgiville Fair")

(our latest to the collection: Pumpkin Moonshine)
(from "The Springs of Joy")

And I just happen to have an autographed copy that my sweet Aunt bought for me for my first birthday. It is still treasured!




No comments: