Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Momsanity

Okay, let's be honest and open and real. Six kids under 8 can be lovely and sweet and amazing but it can also be really hard, REALLY! Sleep is out of the picture, showers can be hit and miss, naps are something to laugh at, Mommy getaways are just not part of life. But there are things in my life which help me as a Mama, my go-to, can't live with outs. Here are some things I've found that bring some "Ahhhhh" moments and I thought I'd share...

I don't know what it is about candles lit in the home, be it the smell or just the ambience, but it's incredible what a little candlelight can do. Everyone's moods improve, including mine!

A hot cuppa Chai (my sweet Mom bought me a Costco sized bucket!) hits the spot, along with red nail polish of course! (let's pretend we don't see the tattling toddler)

This is THE MOST IMPORTANT in all of life, but these particular books are important in my life. The well worn bible on the end is my personal bible, if I'm not reading God's Word on a daily basis, my life is nothing! Plain and simple: we have to be reading God's Word in order to be a Christ like mama, which is something we all struggle with.

Excercise is so important to me. When I start feeling low energy, and a dirty dishrag (and my pants won't fit!) I realize it's been awhile since I've exerted energy and challenged my body. I had a bike ride on Saturday that ended up being 10 miles long and I felt fantastic!!

Girls!!!! Put this in your hair and you will feel like a million bucks! I kid you not, the smell alone is perfection, but what it does to your hair is uber-fantastic! I will add to this list: taking a shower, doing your nails, facial etc. I try to do something special once a week.

What is something in your Mama life that brings sanity?? I'd love to hear it!

1 comment:

Smithmommy8 said...

Wine, dark chocolate, and a chick show/movie can hit the spot for me. But you definitely nailed the important ones :)