Friday, April 6, 2012

a rose by any other name...

Yesterday my children and I went to the Glendale Library and to the Saguaro Ranch Park next to it. If you haven't ever been and you're a Phoenician, you ought to check it out. Really this historic park is a gem and one of our favorites. We had no idea though, that we would stumble upon this, which utterly took our breath away!


My kids share my love of all things roses and so this was such a special treat for us. Each rose had such a different and intense perfume, I tell you, it was heaven!





Soeren was really getting into smelling them!





Here is what we found at the Library
It's rare to see a peacock in full flair, but so beautiful. We also found this gem..
It's called an Orchid tree, it's scent is intoxicating!
My kids never leave an opportunity to ham it up for the camera.
As you can see, we've been really enjoying our week off, so much fun!







No comments: