Wednesday, February 29, 2012

pregnant and pickles

I made these "bread and butter dill pickles" today. It's my first attempt at making pickles and I must say..Yum! They actually taste like pickles! I know that is weird to say, but as I'm making these and canning them I'm hoping that they don't taste like vinegary cucumbers. Next time, I won't have them in the water bath quite as long as I lost a bit of their crispness, but Eddrick, who is my pickle eater is still happy over these! Here is the other project I've been working on...
 
I made Isabella some very tiny and personalized onesies. This is her "peacock" onesie and I really loved how it turned out. I used the "soft" fabric paint so it wouldn't scratch her newborn skin either. I'll post pics of the other onesies another time. Right now I'm 22 weeks pregnant, my weekly email says she's the size of a spaghetti squash right now. Talk about a growth spurt!

No comments: