Tuesday, January 3, 2012

14 weeks


I've really been enjoying this DVD as well as this DVD so far during this pregnancy. I'd like to try and stay in shape so that recovery after pregnancy isn't such a big deal. I feel so much better and more energetic when I've worked out and when I don't, that's when the sickies come back. So for now, it is really helping. Here's the baby growth update:
Welcome to the second trimester! This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Congratulations on the new baby! You are beaming in these photos. I'm so happy for you!