Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day lovelies!

Well, I hope y'all enjoyed your Labor day. We had a marvelous time at a friend's BBQ. I made this only substituted a couple things. Instead of cooking chicken, I did bacon, then took out the bacon, in the juices I cooked the onion and garlic and then instead of Whiskey and Peach Jam, I used Rum and Apple Butter, then chopped up the bacon finely and added it back to the sauce. This went on Ribs....oh my word it was good!
I also made this for the first time and loved it. Here is my version to which I added Agave Nectar and Cinnamon
I highly recommend this recipe (and thanks friend for giving me the link!!).
Our labor day was relaxing, it was awesome. I love stay cations where nothing happens. I worked on a special fun project of which I will show you soon, my sweet girls were having fun...
The boy and I enjoying our time
Jake and I were blessed to get a date in. Here we are at a friend's house. I love this man!

we even got a chance to take care of this little lass. The kids named her "Autumn" and we took care of her until she suddenly flew away to join her family.

Today, I am back to eating healthier (fell off the wagon there for a bit, ribs will do that to ya!) the kids are enjoying school, reading Pinocchio out loud, practicing their cursive, excelling at Math. All so lovely!

No comments: